Behind peanut butter and chocolate, coconut and chocolate are my favorite sweet combination. There’s something so satisfying about it that it curbs whatever cravings I might have – whether it be sweet or salty.
These bar really are incredible. By processing the coconut in a food processor you essentially create coconut butter with more texture so that they become smooth and melt in your mouth. Cover it in chocolate and you’ve got yourself a winning combination.
Everyone who has tried these coconut chocolate bars has become addicted. What’s more, there’s really nothing too bad to be said about them. They’re made of all natural ingredients so you know exactly what you’re putting into your body, plus they’re vegan/paleo/refined sugar free/gluten free so they’re sure to keep (almost) anyone happy.
I place the coconut into ice trays to give them the perfect shape. When they’re sufficiently set, I dip them in chocolate and let them sit for about 15 to 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Perfect every time and with minimal effort too, I’d say these take an hour to make at most – and most of the time is spent waiting for them to set.
Follow the recipe below to learn how to make these beauties!
Yummy Coconut Chocolate Bars
Yeilds – About 26 depending on the size of your ice trays
What you’ll need:
- 2 ice trays
- a processor or blender
- 3 Cups of shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup of Rice Malt Syrup (or maple syrup)
- ‘1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 250 grams of dark chocolate or cacao nibs
What to do:
1. Put the coconut, rice malt syrup or maple syrup together in a food processor. Mix them together until all the ingredients are combined and the coconut has a buttery texture.
2. Scoop the coconut mixture into ice trays and place in the freezer for about 30 minutes or until set.
3. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a water bath. Let the steam melt the chocolate and make sure the water isn’t touching the bowl to prevent it from burning. .
4. Dunk the coconut bars into the chocolate and place onto a tray lined with baking paper.
5. When all the coconut bars have been coated, place the tray into the freezer for a further 15 minutes or until set.
6. Enjoy!As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.